Thursday, 22 September 2005


Main | Maya Tecnologie »

I'm going to write some contents in English to make them accessible to a wider audience. Unfortunately I'm able to write only in an inaccurate and "italianized" English. You'll have a good example of what I intend reading this text :-P .

As far as I know, there isn't an official term to indicate this sort of language. In the Web it is called in various ways:

  1. Italenglish,
  2. Englitalian,
  3. Itaglish,
  4. Itanglish

The first one, in my opinion, sounds better than the others but is ambiguos: it is used to indicate an italianized English as well as an englishized Italian. Actually the second meaning is more common.
I haven't a clear preference among the other tree but I think that Itaglish is a bit more diffused and so I've adopted it.

In summary:

  1. I'm trying to write some posts in English,
  2. I apologize for all the errors, in effect the posts will be written in Itaglish rather than in English,
  3. I'm going to continuosly improve my English (it's my intention and my hope),
  4. any correction or suggestion will be of great help and well-appreciated.

2005-Nov-10 CET: more on this topic here.

Posted by Nicola Piccinini at 6:33 PM CEST in /
2006-Feb-27 CET: Superfluous